Moore County has one of the lowest property tax rates among the 100 counties in North Carolina which helps to keep operating costs low.
2016 PROPERTY TAX RATES
- The County tax rate is $.465 per $100 valuation.
- A $.03 amount is added to this rate for county-wide Advanced Life Support (ALS) services, but even at $.495, Moore County has the lowest property tax rate per $100 valuation when compared to the 9 surrounding counties.
- This tax rate applies to both real estate and personal property.
>> See how Moore County compares to the surrounding 9 counties:
>> Compare Moore County’s rate of $.465 per $100 valuation with the rates of North Carolina’s metropolitan counties:
- Durham County (Durham) = $.7404
- Forsyth County (Winston-Salem) = $.731
- Guilford County (Greensboro) = $.755
- Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) = $.8157
- Wake County (Raleigh & Cary) = $.6005
>> For a list of the 2016 property tax rates by municipality in Moore County, click here.
Effective October 1, 2014, North Carolina’s sales tax rate is 4.75%. Moore County’s sales tax rate is 2.00%, for a total combined state and local tax rate of 6.75%.
Effective January 1, 2016, North Carolina’s corporate income tax rate is 4.0%.