Moore County has one of the lowest property tax rates among the 100 counties in North Carolina which helps to keep operating costs low.
2012-2013 PROPERTY TAX RATES
- The County tax rate is $.465 per $100 valuation.
- A $.02 amount is added to this rate for county-wide Advanced Life Support (ALS) services, but even at $.485, Moore County has the lowest property tax rate per $100 valuation when compared to the 9 surrounding counties.
- This tax rate applies to both real estate and personal property.
>> See how Moore County compares to the surrounding 9 counties:
>> Compare Moore County’s rate of $.465 per $100 valuation with the rates of North Carolina’s metropolitan counties:
- Durham County (Durham) = $.7444
- Forsyth County (Winston-Salem) = $.674
- Guilford County (Greensboro) = $.7804
- Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) = $.7922
- Wake County (Raleigh & Cary) = $.534
>> For a list of the 2012-2013 property tax rates by municipality in Moore County, click here.
Effective April 1, 2013, North Carolina’s sales tax rate is 4.75%. Moore County’s sales tax rate is 2.00%, for a total combined state and local tax rate of 6.75%.
North Carolina’s corporate income tax is 6.9% of the portion of net income allocable to the state.